We have developed additional tools to help users explore the data used for our estimates and indicators, and to facilitate access to a wide range of spatial data about known and suspected carcinogens in outdoor environments.
eWORK is a set of tools developed by our occupational exposures team that allow users to conduct custom queries of the CAREX results database. Two versions of eWORK are available: eWORK Excel and eWORK Online.
eWORK Excel is a Microsoft Excel-based tool capable of handling complex filters and queries. It is available by request. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in obtaining a copy.
eWORK Online is for users who prefer quick, accessible, yet high quality statistics on occupational exposures to various carcinogens. This tool is available on our website.
Emissions Mapping Project
The Emissions Mapping Project provides a wide range of files that can be easily downloaded and displayed with Google Earth, and allows you to:
- see how watersheds, provinces, health regions and major cities rank according to total toxicity of emissions to air,
- see how different sources contribute to the rankings, and
- see information on sources and levels of known and suspected carcinogens in outdoor environments.
We have also developed tutorials to help you use Google Earth and our files, and a manual showing you how to create your own Google Earth files using simple spreadsheets. Visit the Emissions Mapping Project website to get started.
The Emissions Mapping Project was developed with additional funding from the Canadian Institutes for Health Research.
eRISK is a set of tools developed by our environmental exposures team that allow users to explore various exposure scenarios. Users can:
- compare the lifetime excess cancer risk (LECR) associated with various environmental exposures, and
- use local data to see how the risk indicators might differ from the national levels.
Two versions of eRISK are available:
*NEW* eRISK Online is an interactive, web-based version with a built-in comparison function. This tool is now available on our website.
eRISK Access is the previous version of this tool. Please contact email@example.com to request a copy and note that you will need Microsoft Access 2007 or 2010 installed on your computer to use it.